Thank you to my blogging friend over at The Modern Home Economist for the surprising honor of nominating me for The Versatile Blogger award!
I wasn’t expecting this at all! As a blogger who’s just starting out in this little corner of the vast interwebnetz I am excited to see where this blog goes and who stumbles across my ramblings. So, if you are reading this linked from another blog, WELCOME to my little world! I am a wife, mother, avid crocheter and dabbler in various crafts. As you meander about my pages I hope you see simplicity, sincerity and a whole lotta love.
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank the Nominator
I think I did.. but I’ll do it again! Cause that’s just the way I roll! Thank you, thank you, thank you for this nomination! I’m very happy that you enjoy reading my blog, I enjoy checking yours out too! The Modern Home Economist has a fun blog to take a stroll about. Click on over and enjoy!
- Display the Award
Been there done that!
- Nominate 7 Other Blogs (and tell them the good news)
- Crocheting the Day Away – Mary has a fun blog to follow. I enjoy her crafty projects and the bright happy pictures she always includes. She’s a stay at home mom like me, and I always enjoy reading about other mama’s adventures! Click on over and enjoy!
- Two Girls Being Crafty – This is a great blog about.. you guessed it.. crafting! I love to read the adventures in various crafts and projects they have going on. Take a gander!
- Crochetime – I love this blog. Wonderful ideas and beautiful work. She gives inspiration with every post! Go and revel in some beautiful crafting!
- Laughing Purple Goldfish Designs – Not gonna lie.. The name is what drew me in and then I got hooked! (pun much?) Sharon has many ideas on crafting with recycled and reused materials. She’s quirky, and I like it!
- ChecklistMommy – Are you a mother? Yes? Well you MUST head on over to ChecklistMommy and bask in the utter glow of fabulousness that she is. A bit much? I think not. She’s funny, educated, and has come super awesome lists. Go. Now. Enjoy yourself.
- Blue Baobab – Need some more crafting inspiration? Blue Baobab has some beautiful stuff. Crochet and otherwise! I enjoy this blog, and really.. you can’t go wrong with Baobabs!
- The Half-Baked Housewife – This is a fun fun blog. Her recipes are always fun to look at and read. She’s honest and down to earth, no pretending. Love that. Check it.
- Share 7 Facts
- I bite my nails.. Oh yes, I know this is a horrible habit. I need to stop. But how? I’ve been trying to quit for years and years! I have any idea how.. so I’ve quit trying to quit. And seriously, I’ve tried everything. Everything. I once stopped for a month and was beyond thrilled and then my wedding approached quicker then I realized it would and the stress took over… and well stress and nail biting go hand in hand. True story.
- I lived in Tanzania when I was 6 until I turned 10. I loved every moment. It’s home in so many ways. My family loves to tell the story of when we returned to the states and I said “I’m going to miss my childhood.” A bit to wise for my years at the time? I knew an era was over, I knew it wasn’t going to be the same in the states. It wasn’t, it isn’t. But I have some wonderful memories that aren’t going anywhere. I hope to one day show this beautiful continent to my children.
- We are living at my parents at the moment. My hubby is in school and money is tight. We are very blessed and thankful to have a family that supports and helps out in whatever way is needed. My boy, Isaac, is living a wonderful childhood surrounded by family!
- The most horrible injury I’ve ever had happen to me was in Africa and involved my finger and a meat grinder. The meat grinder won at first, but my finger is a survivor.
- The TV show Community makes me laugh. Every time.
- We cloth diaper. I once did a post on my old blog about why and how we do it. Maybe I’ll revisit the topic on this blog in the near future?
- I NEED coffee. I NEED NEED NEED IT. I am not ashamed to admit my addiction. Not at all. It’s yum.
There you have it folks! I’m really not sure what this award means? Who knows if I would win. But it’s fun and I hope any new readers enjoyed their stay with me!